He loves being in Washington because of the diversity and beauty the Seattle area provides. Outside of podiatry he enjoys spending time with family and friends. He adores the mountains, participating regularly in all forms of mountain sports including backcountry skiing, ultra-trail running, climbing and bike touring, making the Pacific Northwest his dream playground.
- 2014: DPM Samuel Merritt University, Oakland CA
- 2010-14: Dean’s Scholarship of Podiatry
- 2013-14: American Podiatric Medical Association Scholarship
- 2013-14: Steele Scholarship
- 2012-13: PMEAC SMU Alumni and Associates Scholarship
- 2012: Merz Scholarship
- 2011-13: California Foundation of Excellence Scholarship
- 2011-12: PMEAC CaFFE Alumni and Associates Scholarship
- 2008 BS Biological Engineering; Utah State University, Logan UT
- 2001 Diploma: Sky View High School, Smithfield UT
- Honors Graduate
- 3rd Place at State in Wrestling
Podiatric Foot and Ankle Surgical Residency Training Experience
- 2014-17: Puget Sound Veteran Health Care System, Seattle WA
- Medical and surgical training with a thorough knowledge of lower extremity pathology and treatment including: trauma, wound care, limb salvage, surgical reconstruction, inpatient management and clinical care.
- Chief Resident
- Established and implemented academic calendar including: workshops, journal clubs, chapter reviews, topic presentations, guest lectures, cadaver labs and vendor presentations.
- Surgical Experience meeting requirements for Foot and RRA Certification.
- Prevention of Amputation of Veterans Everywhere (PAVE): Regularly attended and led multidisciplinary meetings discussing complex patient treatment plans with other specialties including: vascular surgery, rehab, wound care and orthopedics.
- Complex Lower Extremity Surgery and Research Fellowship Program: Three months rotation including research, inpatient management and all aspects of limb salvage.
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS) Presentation
- 2016 Division Complications and Case Review Seminar, Seattle WA
- Washington State Podiatric Medical Association Annual Conference Presentation
- 2017 “Silver: Is it standing the test of time?”
Certifications and Training Courses
- 2017: Washington Podiatric Physician and Surgeon License
- ACLS/BLS Training Current
- 2016-17: American Academy of Foot and Ankle Osteosynthesis (AAFAO) Advanced & Basic Courses
- 2013-15: American Podiatric Medical Licensing Examination (APMLE) Part I, II, III
- 5/2014: HIV/AIDS Epidemic Update Training
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS), Member
- American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA), Member
- Washington State Podiatric Medical Association, Member
- 2012/2013 American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Student Club President
- 2010/2013 California Podiatric Medical Association Student Representative
- 2012/2013 California Legislative Leadership Conference Attendee
- 2012 San Ysidro California Podiatric Humanitarian Aid Attendee
Research and Patents
- Hansen N, Byerley N, Ponticello M. “The Presentation and Treatment of a Patient with Uncontrolled Diabetes Mellitus and Staphylococcus Lugdunensis Infection of the Foot”, poster presented at Desert Foot and Ankle Conference in Phoenix AZ Oct. 2016. Manuscript submitted for publication in Journal of Diabetic Foot Complications.
- Hansen N, Kohler T, Sweet K. Fifth Metatarsal Head Resection – Obtained IRB approval, working for publication. Required data access from national VINCI and CDW.
- Hansen N. Literature Review of First Metatarsal Phalangeal Hemiarthroplasty Implant Complications and Failure, poster presented at ACFAS Research Symposium in Oakland CA which took 1st place in student division, May 2013.
- Myers, Lorang, et al. 2013. Double Bundle ACL Repair System. Patent No. US8535377B2.
- Nelson, Hansen, et al. 2015. Reciprocating Surgical Instrument. Patent No. US9033986B2, Arthrex PoweRaspTM
- Hansen N. Antimicrobial properties of silver nanoparticles, Utah State University, 2008
- 2016/17 Summited Mount Rainier (14,410ft), Washington WA
- 2010-2014* Cycled down west coast from Canada to Santa Barbara (Four separate 400 mile sections)• 2016 Skyline 50K Endurance Run (8hr 3min), Yakima WA
- 2013* Rodeo Valley 50K (6,000 ft gain, 5hrs 16min), Golden Gate National Recreation Area CA
- 2012* Grand Canyon Rim-To-Rim-To-Rim Run (43 miles, 10.7k ft gain, 14hrs 2min) AZ
- 2012* Dick Collins Firetrail 50 mile run (9hr 3min) Castro Valley CA
- 2006 Avalanche Level II Certified, Snowbasin Ski Resort Huntsville UT
- 1998 Eagle Scout Award