If you are looking for help with foot calluses treatment in Monroe, the chances are very good that you have been dealing with a wide range of symptoms. Just a few of the normal symptoms that you can expect with a foot callus issue will include:
- Skin that gets thick, especially over an area that is bony or there are not any distinct borders. However, most calluses will end up being oval in shape.
- The area where the callus is present can end up throbbing or burning.
- The thickened skin on the foot can appear discolored, with tones often ranging from red or brown to gray or yellow.
Calluses are something that will not usually be all that bothersome or painful in nature. However, if proper steps are not taken to treat the callus, it can start to get infected and there could be some additional symptoms that will be experienced. If you end up having a worsening of the symptoms, you may experience:
- Tenderness around the callus
- Fluid or pus that ends up draining from the callus site
A callus is generally caused by pressure and constant friction that can be due to wearing the wrong shoes or socks that are known to bunch up within the shoes that you are wearing. Some people will also have calluses that will form over bunions that they have, or there could be issues that develop after you have been walking barefoot as the skin will naturally thicken up as a way of protecting the feet.