Have you noticed that you have a bit of a bump that has been developing on the inner portion of your foot right at the base of your big toe? A lot of people do not realize that this growth is a bunion. When you have a bunion and it starts to cause pain, you can consult a podiatrist about your options for bunion treatment, prevention and surgery in Renton to give you relief.
Some of the bunion treatment options that are available to you at Mill Creek Foot and Ankle Clinic include:
- Switching up your footwear to an option that is designed to easily accommodate your bunion.
- Wearing splints at night so that you can help to keep your joint and toes in proper alignment.
- Anti-inflammatory medication that will help you to keep the swelling down to a minimum.
- Trying bandaging, tapes or protective padding that will help to cut back on the friction inside your shoes.
- Physical therapy can also be an option that will help you to keep up with regular joint mobility and also prevent the onset of stiffness and/or arthritis.
Call the professional staff at Mill Creek Foot and Ankle Clinic at (425)482-6663 for info on prevention exercises, splinting, bunion treatment, prevention and surgery in Renton. If you do have surgery, you can then work with the podiatrist to make sure that you have all of the tools necessary to prevent a bunion from forming again in the future.