Other Ankle Sprain Related Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Foot And Ankle Fractures
- Achilles Tendonitis Treatment
- Shin Splints/Tendonitis
- Stress Fractures
Any ankle sprain can end up being very difficult to experience or even debilitating for just about anyone. In many cases, a patient may not even seek treatment as quickly as they should, which can lead to a lot more damage. If you are having issues with your ankle, it will be crucial that you make your way to Mill Creek Foot and Ankle Clinic for proper ankle sprain treatment in Bothell.
It is going to be a good idea to have a workup done by a professional so that you can determine whether or not you have a sprain and how bad it might be. An ankle sprain is an injury to the ankle joint where there ends up being a partial dislocation. The pain will also range from moderate to severe, depending on how bad the injury may be.
When to See a Podiatrist
Not all ankle sprains are an emergency. However, even a minor sprain may be more serious, especially without proper healing. It is best to see a podiatrist for evaluation and treatment if you experience any of the following ankle sprain symptoms:
- Tenderness or pain to the touch
- Pulling or sudden pain in the ankle when injured or twisted
- Popping sounds in the ankle when injured or twisted
- Inability to put weight on the impacted leg
Know Your Treatment Options
When it comes to treatment for an ankle sprain, some patients may be able to go through the healing process only with a minor brace. Our team of professionals will make sure that you are as comfortable as possible during the healing time and that you fully understand what you can expect. Proper treatment of an ankle sprain will include:
- An evaluation and professional diagnosis
- Anti-inflammatory medication and icing to bring down swelling
- Rest and elevation to hasten recovery
- Not walking on the injured ankle or using crutches to prevent additional injury
- The help of medical braces to help support damaged ligaments
- In a more severe case, we may suggest surgical intervention to repair damaged ligaments
If you are looking for ankle sprain treatment in Bothell, you can turn to the professionals at Mill Creek Foot and Ankle Clinic. Call us at (425) 482-6663 so that we can get you in for a full evaluation and get started on a treatment plan that will hopefully get you back on your feet again as soon as possible.