16708 Bothell-Everett Hwy
Mill Creek , WA 98012
425-482-6630 - Billing
All our professionals at Mill Creek Foot and Ankle maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in podiatry.
Dr. Joseph Hall
- Dr. Joe Hall has been specializing in foot and ankle care for more than 15 years. He is a member of the American Podiatric Medical Association as well as being a fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Dr. Hall is also a very active member of the Healing the Children Organization and has travelled around the world to help those in need.
- He is board certified in both Foot and Ankle and Rear Foot Reconstruction. He is also an active member and past president of the Mill Creek Rotary Club.
- Date of Birth: 06/10/69
- Home: Seattle, Washington
- Marital Status: Married with three children
- 4/02 - present, Private Practice, Mill Creek Foot & Ankle Clinic, P.C., Mill Creek, WA.
- 10/98 - 4/02, Private Practice, Seattle Foot & Ankle Clinic, Mill Creek Foot & Ankle Clinic, Seattle, WA.
- 10/99 - present, Chair, Department of Continuing Medical Education, Northwest Podiatric Surgical Residency, Providence Hospital, Seattle, WA.
- 7/95 - 6/98, Residency, 3 year Podiatric Surgical Residency California College of Podiatric Medicine San Francisco, California
- 1/98 - 4/98, Chief Resident @ C.C.P.M.
- 7/97 - 10/97, Kaiser SanFrancisco Rotation with John Schuberth, D.P.M. and Kathleen Clasby, D.P.M.
- 7/96 - 11/96 Kaiser Santa Rosa Rotation with Steve Palladino, D.P.M.
- 1995 - 1996 Trauma, Orthopedic, Plastic Surgery, and Dermatology Rotations at San Francisco General Hospital.
- 9/87 - 6/91 Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, Washington
Bachelor of Science in Biology
- 8/91 - 6/95 California College of Podiatric Medicine, San Francisco, California; Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- 1991-1995, California College of Podiatric Medicine, Honors List
- 1992-1995, Pi Delta National Honor Society, Epsilon Chapter
- 1993-1994, Pi Delta National Honor Society, Vice President
- 1995, Graduated with Honors
- 1992-1997, Captain C.C.P.M. Soccer Team
- 1994-1995, C.C.P.M. Senior Class Vice President
- A Four to Five Year Follow-up of the Acumed and Bioaction Implant Systems in First Metatarsophalangeal Joints: A Retrospective Review of 30 Cases", American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Annual Meeting and Scientific Seminar, February 1998, Orlando, Florida.
- A New Approach To Harvesting The FHL for Achilles Tendon Augmentation -
Swedish Medical Center, Providence Campus Lecture Series, May 2003
- Surgical Techniques for 1st MPJ Arthrodesis- Vancouver, B.C. Seminar (N.W.P.F.),
- Surgical Treatment Alternatives for Hallux Limitus/Rigidus- Vancouver, B.C. Seminar (N.W.P.F.), July 2002
- A New Approach to Harvesting the FHL tendon for Achilles Tendon AugmantationVancouver, B.C. Seminar (N.W.P.F.), July 2002
- Dislocating Peroneal Tendon Surgery - Vancouver, B.C. Seminar (N.W.P.F.), July 2000
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Jones Fractures - Vancouver, B.C. Seminar (N.W.P.F.), July 2000
- Treatment of Hallux Rigidus - Vancouver, B.C. Seminar (N.W.P.F.), July 2000
- Dislocating Peroneal Tendons - Lake Tahoe, Ca. Seminar (N.W.P.F.), March 2000
- Treatment Alternatives for Hallux Rigidus - Lake Tahoe, Ca. Seminar, March 2000
- Salvage Procedures for Failed First MTPJ Arthrodesis - Lake Tahoe, Calif. Seminar
- Resident Lecture series @ Pacific Coast Hospital: Post-operative Pain Management, March, 1997.
- Grand Rounds @ Pacific Coast Hospital: First MTPJ Arthrodesis with Autogenic Calcaneal Bone Grafts, October, 1997.
- Weekly lectures to 3`d year Podiatric students, July 1996- present.
- Weekly Diabetic Education lectures @ Kaiser Santa Rosa, July 1996- Nov. 1996
- Grand Rounds @ SanFrancisco General Hospital: Jones Fractures, Sept. 1995
- Grand Rounds @ SanFrancisco General Hospital: Common Pedal Soft Tissue Lesions, Oct. 1995.
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS
- D.P.M. in Washington State
- D.E.A. License as of 1997
- B.L.S. and A.C.L.S. Certified
- Board Certified in Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Rear foot and Ankle Surgery, August 2005
- Evergreen Hospital, Kirkland, WA
- Swedish Edmonds
- 2006-2007 Rotary President
- Board of Advisors, Northwest Podiatric Foundation for Education & Research, U.S.A.
- Associate of American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons: 1998
- Member of American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons: 1998
- Member of Washington State Podiatric Medical Association: 1999
- Member of American Podiatric Medical Association: 1999
Dr. Joyce Yan is a local of the Pacific Northwest. She was raised in Bellevue and obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Washington. She then moved to the bay area where she received her Doctorate degree with honors from the California School of Podiatric Medicine. Dr. Yan completed a three year residency at the Legacy Health/Kaiser Permanente Podiatric Surgical program in Portland Oregon.
Dr. Yan has now returned to the Pacific Northwest and has joined Dr. Joseph Hall at Mill Creek Foot and Ankle Clinic. She is accepting new patients of all ages and looks forward to treating her eastside community. Dr. Yan is fluent in English and Cantonese. She has interest in treating a multitude of foot and ankle pathologies including foot and ankle reconstruction, trauma, sports medicine, diabetic foot care, wound care, biomechanics, orthotic management and pediatric foot pathologies. Dr. Yan's treatment philosophy is to start conservatively and implement surgery if it is necessary. Dr. Yan takes pride in spending quality time with all of her patients. Her number one priority is to educate her patients and work together as a team, to understand and promote the healing process. In her spare time, Dr. Yan enjoys yoga, baking, trying local restaurants and spending quality time with her friends and family.
AND ANKLE SURGICAL TRAINING
Legacy Health / Kaiser Permanente Podiatric Surgical Residency
- Surgical cases in forefoot, rearfoot and ankle pathology
- Inpatient training at Level 1 Trauma center and HMO
- Podiatric surgical experience in trauma, reconstruction with internal and external fixation and managing complex diabetic lower extremity pathology with focus on limb salvage
- Adult surgical experience: Vascular, Burns, Orthopedics, Trauma and Plastics with emphasis on reconstruction for wound coverage
- Adult medical experience: Podiatry, Internal medicine, Burns, Trauma, Emergency medicine, Orthopedics and Infectious disease
- Pediatric surgical/medical experience: Pediatric orthopedics with combination of conservative and surgical intervention for treatment of congenital or acquired pedal deformities
- Other medical experiences: Anesthesia, Radiology and Pathology
- Outpatient training at resident clinics, private practices and HMO system
- Diagnosis and treatment of lower extremity pathology
- Experience with injections, office based procedures and wound care
- Perioperative patient care with preoperative and post-operative management
- Biomechanical evaluations
- Orthotic experience with training from Lawrence Huppin DPM
- Academic Training
- Rigorous weekly academic schedule including journal club cadaver lab, case presentations, lectures, workshops and text review series
- AO Basic, Advanced and Masters Podiatric Surgery Course
- 2010-2013 | Portland, OR
Legacy Health Portland Medical Centers / Kaiser Permanente Podiatric Foundation
Podiatric Medicine and Surgery 36 Month Residency Program
- 2006-2010 | Oakland, CA
California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt University
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine Degree
- 2000-2005 | Seattle, WA
University of Washington
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology
- Schade VL, Roukis TS, Yan JL. Factors associated with successful Chopart amputation in patients with diabetes: a systematic review. Foot & Ankle Specialist. 2010 Oct: 3(5):278-84
- 2012- 2013
Response of Intralesional Cortisone injections for the treatment of Plantar Fibromatosis
- American Podiatric Medical Association Region VII meeting
2012 | Sunriver, OR
Are we under prophylaxing for venous thromboembolism in foot and ankle surgery?
- 2013 | Washington
Podiatric Physician and Surgeon License
Drug Enforcement Administration License
American Board of Podiatric Surgery
Board Qualified in Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery
Board Qualified in Foot Surgery
National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners Part 1, 2 and 3
AO Basic, Advanced and Masters Podiatric Surgery Certificate
- 2011 | Portland, OR
Surgical Fluoroscopy Safety Certification
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification
- 2007-2010 | Oakland, CA
Pi Delta National Honor Society
- 2006-2010 | Oakland, CA
Dean’s Scholarship of Podiatry
Pi Delta National Honor Society
Seattle’s Children Hospital
Child Life Department
- Chinese | Cantonese
American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
Washington State Podiatry Medicine Association
- Billing Specialist
Chelsee / Julie
- Medical Assistants
- Clinical Manager