- The average adult takes in excess of 18,000 steps a day (even more for kids)
- Most people walk about 70,000 miles in a lifetime – that’s 4 times around the Earth
- Leonardo da Vinci called the foot “A masterpiece of engineering”
- Every time your foot hits the floor when walking, it’s the equivalent of twice your body weight. Running increases this up to three times your body weight
- The foot has 250,000 sweat glands releasing about a quarter pint of perspiration a day
- An adult has 26 bones in each foot
- There are over 7,000 nerve endings in each foot
Our team of podiatric specialists and staff strive to improve the overall health of our patients by focusing on preventing, diagnosing and treating conditions associated with your feet. Please use our podiatric library to learn more about podiatric problems and treatments available. If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment, please feel free to contact us.